TN Visa - Procedure, requirements and eligibility
TN Visa / TN Status
TN status or TN visa is an exceptional non-permanent status in the United States, Canada, and Mexico that offers sped up work approval to a national of these nations. It bears a similarity, in some routes, to the US H-1B visa, yet in addition has numerous novel highlights. Inside the TN set of occupations, a United States, Canadian, or Mexican resident can work in the one of the other two nations for up to three years, yet does not have the privilege to apply for permanent visa. The visa might be renewed indefinitely. The TN visa was made under the North American Free Trade Agreement(NAFTA) between Canada, U.S. furthermore, Mexico. Outsiders qualified to enter the U.S. under this classification may work for an organization situated in the U.S. for a brief period. In addition, they may likewise work for a Canadian or Mexican organization in the U.S. at the point when those organizations are occupied with ventures with U.S. based organizations. The underlying time restrain for a TN expert to work in the U.S. is three years with conceivable augmentations of remain for an additional three years. TN visas are non-settler visas; and therefore the outsider must mean to withdraw the U.S. upon the completion of his approved status. In the event that the outsider applies for modification of status while he is in TN status he will experience issues in getting restoration of his TN status. The documenting or endorsement of a settler request of does NOT ascribe foreigner purpose. Along these lines, business based petitions and family construct petitions might be documented for light of sake of the TN outsider without disturbance of the TN outsider's status or imperiling the TN outsider's capacity to get or expand the TN status.
Types of TN Visa
- TN-1: Canadian Professional
- TN-2: Mexican Professional
Requirements for TN Visa / TN Status
- You should first have an job offer from a business. You can't have any significant bearing for TN status without a vocation offer.
- He/she qualifies under the "Experts Under the North American Free Trade Agreement" list.
- The business position in the U.S. requires somebody in that expert limit.
- The candidate resident will work for a U.S. boss.
- The candidate must have the vital accreditations to be viewed as an expert in the affirmed calling the candidate is applying under. A four year college education or higher is normally required for every single affirmed calling on the rundown. On the off chance that the calling requires authorizing, at that point the candidate must have the imperative permit.
- The candidate must mean to remain in the U.S. for a brief period. A candidate can be denied TN status since he has a pending migration appeal.
Documents Required for TN Visa
- Proof of citizenship
- Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application
- Documentation of confirmations, degrees (and assessments of remote degrees if vital), endorsements, and expert enrollments.
- A letter from the forthcoming manager depicting in detail the exercises to be performed to demonstrate they are in an expert limit. It ought to give the accompanying: The letter must demonstrate that the position being referred to in the U.S. requires the work of a man in an expert limit, predictable with NAFTA rules.
- The candidate must demonstrate full-time or low maintenance work by a U.S. element. Independent work isn't allowed.
- Activity in which the candidate should be locked in and motivation behind passage.
- Foreseen length of stay.
- Educational capabilities or suitable certifications showing proficient status.
- Proof of consistence with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) controls and additionally state laws.
- Proof of licensure to rehearse a given calling in the U.S. might be offered alongside the activity offer letter and other documentation.
TN Visa Professions List
Procedure for Obtaining TN Visa / TN Status
TN-1: Canadian Professional
As nationals of Canada, outsiders who fit the bill for TN-1 status are not required to acquire a visa before entering the United States. In this manner, they don't need to record an I-129 with the USCIS or apply for a TN visa from a US consular office abroad preceding entering the US and may rather apply specifically for TN-1 status at the outskirt. The candidate just should show the job offer letter from a US manager at the fringe and the meeting officer will audit their application on the spot. The outskirt officer will settle on a choice with respect to the candidate's capabilities for TN-1 status in light of his survey of the submitted material. In the event that endorsed, the candidate is given an I-94 card (Arrival/Departure Record) itemizing their legitimate time of remain in the U.S. what's more, may enter the nation.
TN-2: Mexican Professional
Mexican nationals who are looking for TN status are required to get a TN-2 visa stamp before they may enter the United States. TN-2 visa holders used to be required to record an I-129 appeal to with USCIS, like somebody looking for H-1B status, and take their endorsement notice to the U.S. office in Mexico where they may have connected for a TN-2 visa. Mexican experts additionally used to be required to acquire a Labor Certification (LCA). Presently, notwithstanding, to acquire a TN-2 visa Mexican nationals essentially should take their important confirmation and documentation to the U.S. Office to get their TN-2 visa stamp. In the event that a TN-2 visa is issued, at that point the candidate continues to the fringe and applies for section into the U.S, as would some other visa holder. If you don't mind see the article underneath titled "Difference in Status to TN" for more point by point data on the difference in status methodology as it applies to TN.
TN Visa Renewal
A Mexican or canadian national may likewise apply for the TN-2 restoration on a form 1-129, alongside presenting all the important records required to get TN-2 status. Basically, a renewal application is dealt with like another petition.The application charge is $325 each time a candidate applies for a renewal. At the end of the day, they should recharge their status while physically introduce in the United States through an I-129 application.
TN Visa Full Form
TN (Treaty NAFTA) Visa where NAFTA IS (North American Free Trade Agreement)